Whitchurch Combined School believes that every child should have the right to a curriculum that champions excellence; supporting pupils in achieving to the very best of their abilities. We understand the immense value technology plays not only in supporting the Computing and whole school curriculum but overall in the day-to-day life of our school.
We believe that technology can provide: enhanced collaborative learning opportunities; better engagement of pupils; easier access to rich content; support conceptual understanding of new concepts and can support the needs of all our pupils.
- Provide an exciting, rich, relevant and challenging Computing curriculum for all pupils.
- Teach pupils to become responsible, respectful and competent users of data, information and communication
- Provide technology solutions for forging better home and school links.
- Enthuse and equip children with the capability to use technology throughout their lives.
- Teach pupils to understand the importance of governance and legislation regarding how information is used,
- stored, created, retrieved, shared and manipulated.
- Utilise computational thinking beyond the Computing curriculum.
- Give children access to a variety of high quality hardware, software and unplugged resources.
- Equip pupils with skills, strategies and knowledge that will enable them to reap the benefits of the online world,
- whilst being able to minimise risk to themselves or others.
- Exceed the minimum government recommended/statutory guidance for programmes of study for Computing and other related legislative guidance (online safety).